"The page cannot be displayed" (Cannot find server or DNS error)
There are several things that can cause this vague error message. The most common reasons we have seen are as follows:
- A firewall or router is blocking access on your network on port 443.
- The private key for your certificate does not match or is not associated correctly with the certificate.
- The DNS entries for the web site are configured incorrectly.
- The web server is not configured to run on port 443 for https requests.
- The web site is not the IIS Default Website and has not been bound to an IP address for https requests. (IIS defaults this to "All Unassigned")
For further reading on this topic, check the external links below.